Monday 17 March 2008

SPACED US- THE TRAVESTY CONTINUES


Okay, following on from my earlier post concerning the US version of our beloved SPACED, it would appear that this McG infused nightmare is going ahead with a pilot episode. Don't give me any of that 'It might not be that bad' crap, as quite frankly, it will be terrible. DO NOT DO IT.

The thing is, not only do the Spaced fans think this is a terrible idea, but now Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson have gone record to say the exact same thing. Want proof? Check out this post on Edgar Wright's Myspace blog. See? This really shouldn't happen, and now here we have the people behind the original backing up the cries of the fans. Yeah, I can see why the suits would want the thing to be remade, I mean, look at it, it's pretty much perfect in every damn way. Who wouldn't want something that good to have their name on it? Myself, my colleagues, my friends, my fellow fans cannot stress this enough: CANCEL THE PILOT AND LEAVE SPACED ALONE. Your network's money is going to be wasted on something that will turn out to be nothing but another sitcom, with none of the heart or ingenuity of the original. Sermon over.

Well, actually, I will add this: It says alot about the attention to detail McG's monkeys are applying to Spaced (please note sarcasm): The cover page of the pilot script says 'Based on the BBC series'.

Pardon?

BBC?

*sigh*

No comments: